Facilities & Social
Facilities & Social
The Village Palms is just a stone’s throw from The Palms shopping precinct with all the amenities you need for an easy and convenient lifestyle.
On site is our very own Hammersley’s Restaurant and Bar providing opportunity for social interaction with other residents, family and friends. Here you can enjoy a leisurely drink accompanied by delicious meals prepared by our chef before retiring to the luxuriously furnished lounge to watch the news, favorite TV show or sporting event.
We also have a fully appointed hair salon staffed by qualified hair stylists to ensure you’re looking your best. If you enjoy
reading, board games, cards or puzzles you can play with like-minded residents in the Village library on the ground floor overlooking landscaped gardens.
We are regularly visited by members of our community such as school music groups, church groups and local musicians. There are plenty of activities and outings being planned if you wish to join in.
Regular exercise sessions are held in the Village specifically designed for you to build strength and muscle tone.
A comfortable and happy life awaits you at The Village Palms.
- Wine and cheese evenings
- Shows at the Isaac Theatre Royal
- Movie nights
- Games nights with Bingo, Bridge and Mah-jong
- Weekly indoor bowls
- Regular entertainers and guest speakers
- Inter-Village quiz competitions
- Charity fundraising dinner, dances and other events in support of Nurse Maude Hospice
- Bus trips to places of interest in the local community
- Banks (ANZ, BNZ, Westpac)
- Kiwibank NZ Post Shop
- Parks (Burwood Park, Horseshoe Lake Reserve, Richmond Park, MacFarlane Park)
- Christchurch Golf Club
- Shirley Library
- Shirley Bowling Club
- Restaurants, cafes and takeaways
On-site facilities and services:
- Hair salon
- Mobility and exercise programmes
- Laundry service
- On-site parking
- Free storage for electric scooters
- Daily postal services
- Fast broadband connection
- Bus stop in front of Village